TMS Motor Group is offering a great opportunity for an experienced Service Advisor to join their busy, successful Service Department at their family run Hinckley Volvo dealership.
To succeed in this role you will need to have strong Service Advisor experience in a franchised dealer, a minimum of 2 years – this is essential.
As Service Advisor you must be able to work as part of a team, and also be able to work on your own initiative. You need to have a keen eye for detail, possess excellent customer facing skills, and planning/organisational skills, as you will be dealing with front-of-house customers as well as internal dealer staff from all areas of the business.
To assist you, there are systems and processes in place including a dealer management system (DMS), so you will ideally need to be IT literate and have experience of using DMS systems.
Manufacturer and in-house training will be provided for the successful applicant.
Main Purpose of Job
• To effectively handle incoming customer calls by creating a friendly and professional impression
• To receive customer enquiries and determine the customer’s needs, encouraging the customer to make an appointment with the Service Department
• To have sufficient and current product knowledge to enable accurate information to be given to the customer
• To ensure the available hours are sold for each day. To monitor lead-time and fully utilise the time available, ensuring a suitable split between retail, internal and warranty hours is maintained according to company guidelines
• To maintain an accurate and efficient schedule of appointments and associated flow of paperwork, consistent with manufacturer and company procedures
• To handle all customers in a professional and friendly manner in accordance with Manufacturer and company customer satisfaction policies
• To ensure company processes are followed to improve Customer Satisfaction and retention. This includes embracing Customer Satisfaction Action Plans and proactively selling Service Plans
• To ensure a safe working environment for employees by complying with statutory legislation and the Government’s Health and Safety policy. To report immediately any non-conformance to the appropriate Senior Manager
Detailed Key Tasks
• To be responsible for managing the service booking system by understanding and interpreting customer needs to achieve the best solution and encouraging the customer to make an appointment
• To consider the availability of resources and profitability targets whilst selling the added benefits of the Service Department (for example, genuine parts, fully trained Technicians, free visual health check)
• To maximise the upselling of service hours, parts and accessories in accordance with company objectives
• To ensure all booked vehicles are checked for outstanding recall/service campaign work prior to visit and parts pre-ordered to achieve ‘First Time Fix’ for the customer
• To operate a suitable system for the management and follow-up of unsold additional work requirements (for example, ‘amber’ work)
• To continually improve technical expertise, by personally keeping up-to-date on technical changes and developments and passing this information on through training and coaching to other personnel
• To be aware of key competitor products and manufacturer product specification advantages
• To maximise customer satisfaction and retention, through the use of a customer follow-up system that will ensure the database is updated in line with GDPR
• To effectively handle customer concerns to guarantee complete satisfaction
• To have a basic understanding of human psychology and its effect on the negotiation process and, where necessary, effectively introduce management to achieve a positive outcome
• To understand the key elements that make up face-to-face and telephone communication by understanding the role of communication in establishing and maintaining rapport
• To be responsible for the prompt payment of customer invoices, ensuring the details are accurate and invoiced on the day work is completed and following company procedures regarding payment
• To manage the correct implementation of company procedures regarding customer credit facilities. This may be measured by work-in-progress, defined as work remaining in the workshop uncompleted, the credit account debtors profile and any unpaid cash sales
• To be responsible for the administration and maintenance of the filing and computer systems relevant to the department, providing reports for the Aftersales or Service Manager when requested
• To adhere to agreed staff development plans, undertaking manufacturer training and eLearning modules to achieve required certification levels
• To support the Aftersales Manager in the control of manufacturer warranty procedures, ensuring the accurate, accountable and auditable process is maintained
You must possess a full, clean UK driving license, and have held a similar position within the motoring industry. These are essential.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri 08.00-18.00, plus Saturday rota 08.00-12.30
Salary: Competitive salary and bonus/incentive scheme for the successful candidate.
To apply, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org