Product & Vehicle Handover Specialist
Main Job Function
- To present, demonstrate and handover vehicles to customers, working with the dealership’s agreed sales processes and methods.
- To ensure that all customers are informed of and shown all available options, extras, personalisation and accessories.
- To strive to delight customers and work towards achieving the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- To update the dealership’s records with customer information to ensure that the database is fully and accurately maintained.
- To enhance the reputation of TMS Motor Group at every opportunity when interacting with others.
- To work in association with the Sales team to achieve sales targets.
Main Work Activities
Selling & Marketing:
- Participate actively in the planning of cost effective sales campaigns, events and promotions to maximise sales and profitability.
- Ensure that the customer database is updated and cleansed as necessary.
- Ensure that any digital information is accurate, up to date and in compliance with statutory legislation. Ensure that data is held in a manner as required by the Data Protection Acts.
- Ensure demonstration vehicles, showroom and forecourt stock are immaculate and serviceable for display and demonstration to prospective customers.
- Review advertising and marketing messages for accuracy, completeness and ease of interpretation by customers.
Communicating with other staff:
- Ensure that operational and sale-related information is communicated to all other appropriate departmental staff, thus maintaining accurate records. Such information will include, but not be restricted to, sales of vehicles, cancellation of orders, finance refusals, customer and prospect record details, and messages received.
- Work effectively with other sales team members in order to provide cover and maintain continuity of customer relations and service, particularly when leaving the showroom or the premises during the working day.
Training and Development:
- Attend manufacturer and other training programmes as necessary to maintain product knowledge, particularly on new products, new and updated models, specifications and options, so to be able to present in an expert way to customers and other staff alike.
- Assist in maintaining all staff Product Knowledge
- Keep updated on competitors’ products, prices and specifications and be able to relay information to customers in order to assist their consideration and purchase of vehicles and extras.
- Keep updated on public perceptions of the industry, the dealership and its products.
Administration and control of expense:
- Meet with the Sales Manager and review daily, all activities, enquiries and the results of prospecting and marketing to assess progress towards targets and plans.
- Ensure all customer transactions are completely and accurately recorded. Ensure that all necessary paperwork and information is passed to sales administration immediately.
- Ensure that all payments for vehicles are complete and correct for each transaction including those for items back-sold or agreed at time of delivery. Ensure that customers understand the methods of payment available, and the methods used to clear outstanding finance obligations.
- Ensure full approval on new finance written prior to vehicle handover.
- Keep safe custody of all documentation, both customer and vehicle, and report any missing, inaccurate or defective records.
- Record all prospects’ details and enquiries in a comprehensive and clear manner to enable management review to be meaningful and effective.
- To report any losses and/or damage immediately.
- Ensure that all customers are handled with total honesty and courtesy.
- Ensure that customers’ requirements are accurately qualified and met in full.
- Interact with all potential and actual customers so as to enhance the reputation and standing of the company.
- Ensure the Sales Manager is aware of your personal whereabouts at all times.
- Interact professionally and discreetly with third parties when discussing customers’ affairs.
- Ensure all customers are advised of delays, changes in circumstances and any alteration in the specification of vehicles currently awaiting delivery.
- Ensure that the vehicle hand-over delights the customer and is undertaken in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure the comfort, safety and security of people, vehicles and property at all times, reporting any known faults or hazards.
Qualifications, Training & Experience
- Knowledge of sales processes, including the ability to fully and accurately qualify customer needs.
- Be able to drive a variety of vehicles in a calm, safe and reassuring manner. Be able to demonstrate a history of driving free from excessive infringements and offences.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of customer legislation, regulations and trade practices as well as vehicle legislation as it affects the industry.
- Demonstrate willingness and enthusiasm at all times to engage in training and personal development.
- Capable of conversing with others pleasantly, clearly and effectively.
Interaction & Reporting
Directly Responsible To:
- Dealership Accountant, Aftersales Manager, other company managers, Sales Consultants, Business Manager, Fleet Sales Executives, Sales Administrators and Valeters.
Hours: 8.30am – 6pm (Monday – Friday) 8.30am – 5pm (Saturday)
Pay: £19,000 Per Annum, Plus customer satisfaction bonus.
Contact Name: Iain Hamilton
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org